The examples that I studied this week were focused into the following nine passions: staff development, curriculum development, individual teacher(s),individual student(s), school culture/community, leadership, management, school performance, and social justice or equity issues. Looking at the importance of the nine passions helped me compartmentalizemy priorities. I thought about how each passion connects to the other and how it is important to dedicate time to each area in order to ensure success for a campus.
Finally this week, I thought about some inquiries that I would like to engage in and came up with these ideas:
1st Area- Coping with Students on Behavior Intervention Plans
- Do teachers understand how to use the different interventions and modifications correctly?
- Is there another strategy being used that other schools have found successful?
- Can we use these strategies with all of our students?
- How can parents be involved in order to help ensure the success of their child?
2nd Area- The Change from TAKS to STARRs
- How can we make teachers and students feel less anxious about the changes?
- What can we do to better prepare teachers and students for the STARR test?
3rd Area- Reading
- What actions can faculty take to inspire more reading out of the classroom?
I have not been able to determine exactly which project I will be doing.
At this time, I have not secured a school site supervisor. I am currently unemployed, and when I did have a job, it was at a district that is located about fifteen miles from where I live. I want to use this opportunity to work in the district where I live. In order to become an intern with this district, there are several things that have to be in place, such as a letter from the university, a TB test, and background check. I am currently working to have all the necessary paperwork in place. I did inquire around the community about who are the best principals. I have scheduled meetings with two different principals this week. Hopefully, one of them will agree to let me intern, and at that time, I intend on sharing my ideas for my action research project. I am excited to meet with the principals this week and see where the next leg of this journey takes me!